What to do if you are not happy with a decision

If you are not happy with a decision we have made, you have the right to ask for a review.
The decisions include:

  • you are not eligible
  • you do not qualify to join the housing register
  • the band or priority date that you have been awarded
  • the suitability of a property you have been nominated for.

If you disagree with a decision, you should first contact your local authority to discuss your application. In most cases where an applicant disagrees with a decision, this is because something has changed since they applied and they have not told the Council.

Each Council’s review process can be found in their Housing Allocations Policy.